This fast, vegetarian keto recipe hits the table in under 30 minutes while also being a nutrient-packed, gluten-free dish that’s delicious for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen mixed pepper strips, thawed and patted dry
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 - 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 8 large eggs
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Thinly slice the green onions, separating the white and darker green parts. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add white parts of green onions, garlic, and pepper strips. Cook 4–5 min., until golden, stirring often. Stir in the cumin and paprika. Cook 1 min.
- Into skillet, stir in the tomatoes and harissa. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5–6 min., until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally. Season with salt to taste. Add the eggs to tomato mixture, spacing out evenly. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 8 min., until whites are set and yolks are desired doneness, rotating the skillet halfway through cooking time to cook evenly. To serve, top with the feta and garnish with darker green parts of green onions.
No harissa? Leave it out or replace with ½ tsp crushed red pepper.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- April 2021
- guiding star