Crunchy jicama, tangy lime juice, and creamy avocado make for a refreshing combo in a salsa that’s served over chicken cutlets.
- 1 (12 oz) small jicama
- 3 tbsp lime juice (from about 3 limes)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and finely diced
- 4 thin chicken cutlets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- With a sharp chef’s knife, trim ends off the jicama. Resting jicama on one of the flat sides, cut away tough outer peel, following jicama curves with knife. Cut jicama in half and then into ¼-inch-thick slices. Stack slices and cut into slim sticks. Cut sticks crosswise for ¼-inch dice.
- In a medium bowl, combine the jicama, lime juice, cilantro, and shallot. Gently stir in the avocado. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a baking dish, toss the chicken with the oil and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken 2–4 min. per side, until cooked through. Serve chicken with salsa.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- In Season
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- April 2021
- Guiding Stars
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free