Serve this bright, crunchy slaw as a side dish for grilled steak, piled onto a fish taco, or as a topper for a chicken sandwich.
- 1 large jicama (about 2 lbs)
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 (10 oz) bag matchstick carrots
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- ⅓ cup roasted salted peanuts, finely chopped
- With a sharp chef’s knife, trim ends off the jicama. Resting jicama on one of the flat sides, cut away tough outer peel, following jicama curves with knife. Cut jicama in half, then cut into ¼-inch-thick slices. Stack slices and cut into slim sticks.
- Very finely grate the ginger into a large bowl. Add the sesame oil and rice vinegar, whisking to combine. To bowl, add jicama, carrots, green onions, and peanuts. Toss until well combined. Season with salt to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- In Season
- gluten free
- April 2021
- Guiding Stars
- Wheat Free
- Egg Free
- 15 Minutes
- Lactose Free