With a silky cheesecake-like texture, this easy, no-bake Easter dessert can be assembled a day before the holiday. Garnish with strawberries for an extra touch of spring.
- 1 lemon
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cold cream cheese, cut up
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups cold heavy cream
- 88 - 100 vanilla wafers or lemon cookies
- Strawberry and lemon slices, for decoration (optional)
- From the lemon, grate 2 tsp zest. In a large mixing bowl, with hand or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, scraping down side of bowl occasionally. Beat in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- To cream cheese mixture, beat in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add ¼ cup heavy cream, beating until smooth. Gradually beat in remaining heavy cream, adding in batches, until stiff peaks form.
- In a 9-inch springform pan with removeable sides, spread 2 tbsp whipped cream mixture on bottom. Arrange single layer of cookies over whipped cream. Scoop 1 cup whipped cream on top and spread into even layer. Repeat layering of cookies and whipped cream 3 more times, ending with 1½ cups whipped cream as top layer.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, loosen cake from sides with knife and carefully remove sides of pan. Decorate top with the strawberries and lemons, if desired.
Chill your bowl and beaters in the freezer to make the cream whip up faster.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- April 2021