Instagram-worthy avocado toasts topped with runny medium-boiled eggs are easy to make, filling, and good for you in this 5-ingredient breakfast, brunch, or lunch recipe.
- 2 tbsp store bought pesto
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 2 medium-boiled large eggs, peeled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, like parsley, dill, cilantro, and/or chives
- In a medium bowl, combine the pesto and avocado. With a fork, mash until well combined. Season with salt to taste.
- Spread avocado mixture on toasts. Halve the eggs lengthwise. Place eggs on top of avocado mixture, yolk-sides up. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Garnish with the fresh herbs.
To medium-boil eggs, heat a medium pot of water to a boil on high. Carefully lower 2 large eggs into pot. Boil exactly 7 min. Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath. With slotted spoon, transfer eggs from boiling water to ice bath. Let cool completely. Gently tap to crack shell and remove. If making ahead, drain eggs and refrigerate for up to 2 days without peeling.
This recipe is
- April 2021
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- 5 ingredients