Tangy lime juice and creamy avocado pair perfectly with heart-healthy salmon and brown rice in this 15-minute seafood dinner.
- 2 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg precooked Nature's Promise Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 head bibb or butter lettuce
- 3 green onions
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- Arrange the salmon in a microwave-safe dish with 2 tbsp water. Season with ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 4–5 min., until cooked through. Uncover and cool slightly.
- Heat the rice according to package directions. Separate the lettuce leaves and chop the green onions. Flake salmon into a medium bowl. Drizzle the lime juice and soy sauce over salmon.
- Transfer rice to a small bowl. To bowl, stir in the vinegar. Serve salmon and rice with lettuce wraps to be assembled with green onions and avocado.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- February March 2021
- 15 Minutes
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free