This satisfying, heart-healthy breakfast combines protein and fiber to keep you full and energized until lunchtime.
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- Cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the spinach and 2 tbsp water. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 2–3 min., until wilted.
- With a rolling pin, roll the bread slices until thin. Lightly coat 1 side of each with the cooking spray. Press into cups of a muffin pan, sprayed-sides down. Drain the spinach and divide half of spinach among cups. Crack an egg into each bread cup. Season eggs with ¼ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Top eggs with remaining spinach and crumble the goat cheese on top. Bake 15 min., until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness. To serve, garnish with the chives.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- guiding star
- February March 2021