The pink brine from beets infuses hard-boiled eggs with a tangy flavor and gorgeous color. Eat on their own or turn into show stopping deviled eggs.
- 2 ½ cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 large beets, peeled, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- In a medium pot, heat the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt.
- To pot, add the beets. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until beets are tender, 20–25 min. Remove from heat and add the cloves. Let cool completely, then transfer to jars. Seal and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 1 week.
- For beet-pickled eggs, save brine from pickled beets in jars and add the eggs to brine, making sure they are fully covered. Seal and refrigerate at least 2 days or up to 4 before removing from brine. Eat by themselves or use for deviled eggs.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- February March 2021
- Lactose Free