Addictive and crunchy green beans straight from the air fryer give french fries a run for their money in this better-for-you recipe that makes a great side dish, appetizer, or snack.
- 8 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. To large bowl, add the green beans and toss with the flour until well coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a wide shallow dish, whisk the egg and 1 tbsp water. Season with salt and pepper. Place the bread crumbs in a separate dish. In batches, add green beans to egg mixture and toss to coat. Letting excess egg drip back into dish, transfer green beans to bread crumbs and press to coat.
- Coat the bottom of air fryer basket with the cooking spray and add breaded green beans in one layer, spacing apart. Coat beans with cooking spray. Close lid and cook 6 min., until golden, shaking basket halfway through cooking. Transfer green beans to a plate.
- While green beans cook, continue coating remaining beans and cook in air fryer in batches until done. Season beans with salt to taste.
Serve with your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Five Ingredient
- 5 ingredient
- take 5
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Lactose Free