Precooked rice accompanies fast-cooking sirloin beef for a 15-minute dinner brimming with broccoli and protein-rich edamame.
- 1 lb boneless top sirloin beef
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- ½ (16 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Organic Shelled Edamame, thawed
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg precooked Nature's Promise Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Very thinly slice the beef against the grain into bite-size pieces. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the canola oil on high. Add beef and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 min., until beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and 2 tbsp water. Reserve. Peel and finely chop the ginger.
- To skillet, add ginger, broccoli, edamame, and soy sauce mixture. Cook 2 min., until vegetables are hot, stirring often.
- Microwave the rice according to package directions. Divide rice among 4 bowls and spoon beef mixture on top. Garnish with the sesame seeds, if desired.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- super fast
- January 2021
- 15 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free