Pack extra nutrients into the green salsa with the addition of frozen kale in this riff on a Tex-Mex-inspired classic that vegetarians and meat-eaters alike will love.
- Cooking spray
- ½ (16 oz) pkg frozen chopped kale, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup prepared salsa verde
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Nature's Promise Organic Low-Sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen mixed pepper strips, thawed and patted dry
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican-blend cheeses, divided
- 8 whole wheat fajita-size flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with the cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, purée the kale, salsa verde, cilantro, garlic, and ¼ cup water until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To a medium bowl, add the beans. Use a fork to mash some beans. To bowl, add the pepper strips, ½ cup cheese, and half of puréed salsa. Stir until well combined. Season with salt to taste.
- Divide bean mixture among the tortillas and roll up. Arrange seam-sides down in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining puréed salsa and remaining ½ cup cheese. Bake 20–25 min., until cheese is melty.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- plant based
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Egg Free