This lighter riff on an Italian-American classic bakes the chicken instead of frying it. The usual marinara sauce is replaced with tomatoes that are roasted to bring out their natural sweetness.
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 ½ lbs)
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- ½ cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 4 oz part-skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Brush the chicken on all sides with the mayonnaise. Season all over with salt and pepper and place on prepared pan, spacing apart. In a medium bowl, toss the bread crumbs, Parmesan, and 1 tbsp oil. Top chicken with bread crumb mixture.
- Wipe out bowl used for crumbs. Add the garlic, tomatoes, and 2 tbsp oil. Toss until well combined. Arrange around chicken breasts. Place sheet pan in oven and roast 15 min.
- Coarsely grate the mozzarella. Sprinkle over chicken. Continue roasting another 8–10 min., until an instant read thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°F. Garnish with more Parmesan, if desired. Serve chicken with roasted tomatoes.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Calories 463kcal 23%
- Fat 24.0g 37%
- Saturated fat 7.0g 35%
- Carbs 13.0g 4%
- Sodium 505mg 21%
- 4.0g sugar
- 1.0g fiber
- 48.0g protein
- 148mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?