Chickpeas crisp up while roasting alongside sweet potatoes, peppers, and mushrooms in this vegetarian sheet pan dinner. A garlicky yogurt sauce is the perfect finishing touch.
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 ¼ lbs), scrubbed and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 (8 oz) pkg whole baby bella mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 (2 - inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 - 10 mini sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Dry very well with paper towels.
- To a medium bowl, add sweet potatoes, mushrooms, ginger, and 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Arrange on a large rimmed baking sheet, separating sweet potatoes from mushrooms.
- To same bowl, add the sweet peppers and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt. Arrange on same sheet pan in single layer. To same bowl, add chickpeas, curry powder, and remaining 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well coated and add to prepared pan. Spread out into an even layer.
- Roast 30–35 min., until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, into a small bowl, with garlic press, crush the garlic clove. Add the yogurt and half of cilantro, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, garnish with dollops of yogurt and remaining chopped cilantro.
Serve with basmati rice, if desired.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Egg Free