The Instant Pot steams whole beets in half the time of other cooking methods in this simple but delicious side salad that pairs them with tangy balsamic vinegar and fresh herbs.
- 6 medium beets (about 2½ inches in diameter)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Wash and trim the beets. Add the water into the Instant Pot or multi-cooker and fit with steamer insert or trivet. Arrange beets cut-sides down in a single layer in steamer.
- Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 20 min. and then immediately do a quick release. Carefully poke beets with a knife; if knife meets too much resistance, cook under high pressure for 3–4 more minutes.
- Let beets cool and use a paper towel to rub off the skins. Cut beets into thin wedges. In a medium bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar together. Add beets, mint, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, tossing to coat. Top with the feta to serve.
The cooking time will depend on the size of the beets. Small beets could steam in the Instant Pot in about 10 min. while large ones can take up to 25 min.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- In Season
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Egg Free