Mashed ripe bananas and applesauce bring natural sweetness and moistness to this gluten-free breakfast that’s perfect for busy mornings on the go.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free flour (includes xanthan or guar gum)
- ¾ cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 very ripe medium bananas (about 1 lb total)
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 cups of 2 muffin pans with paper liners. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the bananas to a large bowl and use a fork to mash until smooth. To large bowl, stir in the applesauce, oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir dry ingredients into wet to combine. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among cups of prepared muffin pans. Bake 15–20 min., until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Wheat Free
- guiding star
- January 2021