Whole wheat linguine and vegetarian crumbles put a nutritious spin on an Asian noodle stir-fry.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 small red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (2 - inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ (12 oz) bag frozen vegetarian crumbles
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 12 oz whole wheat linguine
- ½ (16 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high.
- Meanwhile, in a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the bell peppers and cook 4–5 min., stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook 2 min., stirring often. Add the crumbles and cook 4–5 min., until heated through, stirring often. Stir in the soy sauce and sugar. Season with pepper. Remove from heat.
- Add the linguine to boiling water. Cook according to package directions. One minute before linguine is done, add the frozen broccoli to pot. Cook another 2–3 min., until broccoli is thawed and linguine is al dente. Drain well and return to pot.
- Add crumble mixture to noodle mixture and toss until well combined. Season with salt to taste.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Budget Friendly
- plant based
- guiding star
- January 2021
- $10 Meal
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free