This refreshing grain salad makes a great lunch or light dinner. To save time, make the brown rice, hard-boiled eggs, and vinaigrette ahead and keep them in the fridge before assembling and serving.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 large eggs
- ½ medium bunch green onions, cut up
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, to a small pot, add the eggs and enough water to cover by an inch. Cover and heat to a boil on high. Remove from heat and let stand 6 min., covered.
- While eggs cook, in a food processor, pulse the green onions, lemon juice, 2 tbsp water, and Dijon. Pulse in the oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the grape tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Rinse eggs with cold water until cool. Add cooked rice to bowl with dressing. Toss to combine. Season with salt to taste. Transfer mixture to serving platter. Peel the eggs and cut into quarters. Arrange eggs over rice. Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Wheat Free
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Lactose Free