This versatile 5-ingredient baked omelet is on the table in less than 30 minutes and is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- 6 large eggs
- ½ medium bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium head broccoli, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, green onions, and ¼ cup water. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 10-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the broccoli and tomatoes. Season with salt. Cook 6–7 min., until tomatoes release most of their liquid and it evaporates, stirring often.
- Stir egg mixture into skillet. Cook, without stirring, 1 min. Using a spatula, gently pull edges back to let raw egg run to bottom. Continue cooking another 1 min., pulling edges back again. Place skillet in oven. Bake 10 min., until set in center. Season with pepper.
Don’t toss those broccoli stems! Cut the tough peel away from stems and discard. Chop the remaining stems and use along with the florets.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Five Ingredient
- 5 ingredient
- gluten free
- take 5
- guiding star
- January 2021
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free