Let your Instant Pot do the heavy lifting in this 30-minute spin on meatballs studded with tangy feta.
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 4 oz fat-free crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large garlic clove, grated or pressed
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ loaf French bread, to serve
- In medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs and ¼ cup water. Let soak 5 min. To bread crumbs, add the feta, garlic, and egg. Stir to combine. Mix in the beef. Using clean hands, form into golf ball–size meatballs.
- Using the sauté function on the Instant Pot or multi-cooker, heat the oil. Add half the meatballs and brown 2 min., on two sides, using a spatula or spoon to flip them. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining meatballs. Turn off sauté function. Add all meatballs, arranging in one layer, if possible.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the meatballs and add the oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 7 min. Let release naturally for 5 min. Serve meatballs with sauce ladled on top and the bread for dipping.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Budget Friendly
- December 2020
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals