Caramelized pears and dried cranberries are the stars of this festive fall salad. Serve as an elegant appetizer or for a light lunch.
- 3 Bartlett of Anjou pears, cored
- 7 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 4 cups arugula
- 5 cups chopped romaine
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Cut the pears into thin wedges. Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange pears in a single layer on prepared pan. Bake 15–18 min., until tender but not falling apart. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and sugar. Whisk in remaining 5 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, toss the greens with some of the vinaigrette. Arrange on a platter. Top with pears. Sprinkle the cranberries and walnuts on top. Serving remaining dressing on the side.
Vinaigrette can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days ahead. Pears can be roasted and held at room temperature up to 5 hours ahead.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free