The Instant Pot gets this hearty vegan stew on the table in under 30 minutes.
- 1 (1 inch) chunk fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lb red lentils, picked over
- 4 cups packed chopped fresh kale
- 1 (13.5 oz) can light coconut milk
- 1 (15 oz) can Nature's Promise Organic 100% Pumpkin
- Peel and finely mince the ginger. Finely chop the garlic.
- In an Instant Pot or multi-cooker set to the sauté function, heat the oil on medium. Add the onion. Season with salt. Cook until onions begin to soften, 6–8 min. Add ginger, garlic, and curry powder. Cook 1 min., stirring constantly.
- To Instant Pot, deglaze with the water, stirring and scraping up any browned bits. Stir in the vegetable broth, lentils, kale, and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pumpkin (do not stir).
- Seal and bring to high pressure. Cook 8 min. Let quick release. Stir stew to combine, adding ¼–½ cup water for desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For a pop of flavor, top with fresh cilantro.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Oct/Nov 2020
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free