Sticking with a paleo diet has never been so easy with this effortless dinner of shrimp tossed in a zesty citrus blend and served on greens.
- 1 large orange
- 3 limes (for about ¼ cup juice)
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 serrano chili, finely chopped
- 1 lb cooked, peeled shrimp, thawed if frozen
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into ¼-inch chunks
- 1 (7 oz) bag butter lettuce salad blends
- ¼ cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, squeeze all the juice from the orange and limes. Stir in the cilantro and chili.
- Remove tail shells from the shrimp. Chop shrimp and add to bowl with dressing along with the red onion and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Gently fold in the avocado. Season with salt to taste.
- Divide the lettuce among 4 dishes. Spoon shrimp mixture and juices over lettuce. Garnish with the sunflower seeds.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Fifteen Minutes
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- July/Aug 2020
- guiding star
- Wheat Free
- 15 Minutes
- Lactose Free
- Paleo Diet
- Egg Free
- Calories 257kcal 13%
- Fat 13.0g 20%
- Saturated fat 2.0g 10%
- Carbs 19.0g 6%
- Sodium 705mg 29%
- 8.0g sugar
- 7.0g fiber
- 20.0g protein
- 143mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?