Looking for a recipe for chicken and rice? Our Instant Pot® Easy Chicken and Rice makes comfort food easier than ever to prepare. All you need are a few ingredients that you probably have on hand plus our cream of chicken soup to bring the flavor. The Instant Pot® locks the flavor and moisture into this one-pot meal for an easy chicken dinner. For perfect results be sure to layer the ingredients as directed in the recipe.
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut up (about 1 ½-inch piceces)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ⅓ cups Swanson® chicken broth or water
- 1 can (10 ½ ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Layer the chicken, onion powder, rice and 1/4 cup cheese in a 6-quart Instant Pot®. Pour the broth over the cheese and spoon the soup on top (the order is important, so don't stir until after the cooking is done).
- Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Pressure cook on High pressure, setting the timer to 6 minutes (timer will begin counting down once pressure is reached- it takes about 10 minutes). When done, press Cancel and use the quick release method to release the pressure.
- Add the broccoli and stir well, then sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Close the lid and let stand for 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and the broccoli is tender-crisp. Season to taste.
Recipe provided by Campbells® and Instant Pot®