Quicker than Chinese takeout, this spicy shrimp dinner with crunchy peanuts will earn a spot in your weeknight rotation.
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 (12 oz) pkg fresh pepper and onion fajita mix
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Asian chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb raw peeled, deveined shrimp
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 (15.9 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Free from Whole Grain Brown Rice
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium. Add the pepper and onion mix. Cover and cook 5 min., until almost tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the hoisin, chili garlic sauce, and vinegar. Season with black pepper.
- To skillet, add the garlic and cook 1 min. Stir in the shrimp and sauce. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook 5 min., until shrimp is cooked through, stirring often. Stir in the peanuts. Season with salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice according to package directions. Serve shrimp mixture over rice.
For more heat, stir in another tablespoon of chili garlic sauce before serving.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Fifteen Minute
- Savory May 2020
- Lactose Free
- 15 minute
- Egg Free
- Calories 745kcal 37%
- Fat 21.1g 33%
- Saturated fat 3.3g 16%
- Carbs 107.8g 36%
- Sodium 1124mg 47%
- 11.6g sugar
- 7.1g fiber
- 30.3g protein
- 143mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?