Thanks to the Instant Pot, this mostly hands-off Moroccan-inspired chicken stew is fast enough for weeknight dinners. Double the harissa for more spice.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ¾ cup diced carrots
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 bone-in chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup pitted green olives, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Nature's Promise Organic No Salt Added Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 ½ cups dry couscous
- ¼ cup fresh mint, thinly sliced
- In an Instant Pot or multi-cooker, heat the oil on sauté function. Add the onion and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until beginning to soften, 5–6 min., stirring occasionally. Turn off sauté function.
- Add chicken broth to Instant Pot. Toss the chicken with the flour and cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the Instant Pot, along with the olives and garbanzo beans.
- Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 10 min. Let pressure release naturally for 10 min. and then do a quick release. Stir the harissa into stew.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to package directions. Fluff with fork. Serve chicken mixture over couscous. Garnish with the mint.
This recipe is
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- May 2020
- Guiding Stars
- Lactose Free
- Egg Free