Root vegetable soup made easy, thanks to the pressure cooker doing all the work. A touch of half & half adds enough richness to feel indulgent.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, rinsed, and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 lbs kohlrabi, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 (32 oz) container low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup half & half
- 4 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- In a 6- to 8-qt Instant Pot set to the sauté function, heat the oil on medium. Add the leek and garlic. Cook 3–4 min., until the vegetables soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kohlrabi and broth. Seal and set to high pressure. Cook 18 min. Let quick release.
- With immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. Stir in the half & half. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish with the almonds.
This recipe is
- instant pot
- In Season
- January 2020
- guiding star
- Egg Free