Sweet potatoes and Yukon Golds join forces as a side dish to poultry in this easy sheet pan meal.
- 1 lemon
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 4 (about 1 ½ lbs) small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, patted dry
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Grate 2 tsp zest from the lemon (reserving lemon for later).
- Toss the Yukon and sweet potatoes with 2 tbsp oil and 1 tsp garlic powder. Arrange on baking sheet, spreading around edges. Season with salt.
- Rub the chicken with lemon zest, remaining 1 tbsp oil, and remaining 1 tsp garlic powder. Place in center of prepared pan and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and bake 30–35 min., until chicken is cooked and potatoes are tender.
- To serve, squeeze juice from lemon on chicken and potatoes. Garnish with the parsley.
This recipe is
- sheet pan
- Nut Free
- gluten free
- Guiding Stars
- January 2020
- Wheat Free
- Lactose Free