Freezer and pantry staples make this soup easy to whip up on a whim for lunch or dinner.
- 1 qt reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- ¾ cup ditalini
- 1 cup fresh diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups frozen chopped kale
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 oz) can pink or white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, combine the broth and water. Heat to a boil on high. Season with salt. Add the ditalini and boil 6–8 min., until pasta is almost al dente.
- To pot, add the carrots, green beans, kale, tomatoes, and beans. Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 10 min., until vegetables are hot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, top with the Parmesan.
Make this vegan by using vegetable broth and nutritional yeast instead of the Parmesan.
This recipe is
- Nut Free
- Guiding Stars
- January 2020
- Egg Free