Give all the chocoholics in your life the gift of this homemade brownie mix that gets a double dose of extra flavor from chocolate chunks and instant espresso.
For the Mix
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 4 (1 quart) jars
To make the browines
- 8 large eggs, divided
- 2 cups canola oil, divided
- For the mix, in a very large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and espresso powder (if using) until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Divide mixture among the jars (about 3 cups each) and seal.
- To make the brownies: In a large bowl, combine one jar of brownie mix with 2 eggs and 1/2 cup oil, stirring until smooth. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment and coat with cooking spray. Pour into preparted pan. Bake in 350° oven 25-30 min., until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely on wire rack before removing from pan.
- gifts from the kitchen
- December 2019
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook