These sweet treats offer a little something for everyone—salty peanut butter, rich cocoa, nutty oats—all without turning on the oven.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Nature's Promise® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Add the oats to a large bowl. In a medium pot, melt the butter on medium-high. Stir in the sugar, milk, and cocoa until combined. Let mixture come to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- To pot, whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour over oats, stirring with a spatula until combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. If needed, flatten cookies with a spatula. Refrigerate until set.
- Fifteen Minutes
- December 2019
- A Homemade Holiday Cookbook
- 15 Minutes