These bean-based veggie burgers are a breeze to assemble and won’t crumble easily like some other bean burgers.
- 1 (15 oz) can reduced-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen riced cauliflower, thawed and drained
- 2 tbsp ketchup, plus more for serving
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 slices American or Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Lettuce, tomato slices, mustard, mayonnaise, relish (optional)
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the black beans, cauliflower, ketchup, egg, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined but not smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and fold in the bread crumbs until well combined. Divide into 4 mounds and mold each into ½-inch-thick patty, packing mixture together tightly.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add burgers and cook 3 min. per side, until golden brown.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese and cover skillet with lid. Cook 1 min., until cheese melts. Serve burgers on the buns. Top with ketchup and other garnishes, if desired.
- December 2019
- Budget Friendly
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals
- January 2022