Cranberries are for more than just sauce. Citrus zest rounds out their tartness in these moist muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 navel orange, zested
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ (12 oz) pkg frozen or fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 16 cups of 2 muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 2 cups flour with the baking powder, salt, and orange zest. In a large bowl, whisk the butter, eggs, milk, and sugar until combined. In a third bowl, toss the cranberries with remaining 1 tbsp flour.
- Stir dry ingredients into large bowl with wet ingredients to combine, then gently fold in cranberries. Divide among cups of prepared muffin pans.
- Bake 20 min., until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Make these muffins up to 2 weeks ahead and wrap cooled muffins individually in plastic. Place in a gallon-size resealable bag and freeze. To serve, thaw at room temperature or microwave on low.
- November 2019