A different take on your favorite sandwich, this one features canned tuna and a tangy dill pickle mayo that you’ll want to slather on everything.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 small whole dill pickles
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 (5 oz) cans solid white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 large tomato
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Arrange the bacon on a large paper towel–lined plate. Top with 2 layers paper towels. Microwave 3–4 min. in 1-min. intervals, until cooked through and crispy.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the pickles and add to a medium bowl, along with the pickle juice, mayonnaise, parsley, and tuna. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Thinly slice the tomato and tear each lettuce leaf into 2 pieces. Break each slice of bacon in half. Top 4 bread slices with tuna mixture. Add 3 pieces of bacon to each, along with tomato slices and lettuce. Top with remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Fifteen Minutes
- Budget Friendly
- November 2019
- $10 Meals
- 15 Minutes