Using store-bought shredded sprouts means the hard work has already been done. A Dijon-spiked dressing, pecans, and dried fruit turn the salad into a crowd-pleaser.
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grated pecorino cheese
- 3 (12 oz) pkgs shredded Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup dried cherries
- In an ungreased small skillet, toast the pecans over medium-low 3–5 min., until deep golden, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, Dijon, and oil until well combined. Stir in the pecorino. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the Brussels sprouts and toss until well coated. Let stand 2 hours or up to 5 hours.
- Chop the pecans and add to the salad, along with the dried cherries. Toss to combine.
To serve 4: Reduce Brussels sprouts to 2 pkgs.
To serve 16: Double pecan, cherries, and dressing amounts. Increase Brussels sprouts to 4 pkgs.
- Ten Minutes
- November 2019
- Guiding Stars
- 10 Minutes