Repurpose your leftover mashed potatoes as crispy waffles topped with fried eggs in this breakfast of champions.
- ½ (2.1 oz) pkg Nature's Promise Free from Uncured Fully Cooked Bacon (8 Slices)
- 3 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs, divided
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Reheat the bacon to a crisp according to package directions. In a medium bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, flour, 2 eggs, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a waffle iron with the cooking spray and preheat on medium. Finely chop bacon and fold into potato mixture.
- Spoon 1 cup potato mixture into waffle iron and close iron. Cook 4–5 min., until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate. Grease waffle iron again and repeat cooking remaining potato mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil on medium-high. Add remaining 4 eggs. Cook 1–2 min., until whites are mostly set. Cover skillet and cook 2 min., until yolks are desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over waffles.
- November 2019
- Calories 528kcal 26%
- Fat 29.9g 46%
- Saturated fat 10.4g 52%
- Carbs 39.7g 13%
- Sodium 851mg 35%
- 2.8g sugar
- 2.8g fiber
- 23.7g protein
- 408mg cholesterol