Rice and sweet corn make this twist on a Chinese takeout favorite hearty enough for dinner in a flash.
- 1 (32 oz) container low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ (16 oz) pkg frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup uncooked white rice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 green onions
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- To a medium pot, add the broth, corn, soy sauce, garlic powder, and ¾ cup water. Add the rice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 20 min., until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a liquid measuring cup, whisk the eggs together. Gently and slowly pour eggs into broth in a thin stream. Simmer 1 min., until egg is cooked.
- Remove soup from heat. Season with salt to taste. Finely chop the green onions and sprinkle over soup. Drizzle with the sesame oil.
- Budget Friendly
- October 2019
- Guiding Stars
- $10 Meals