A mound of pasta piled high with a quick-simmered sauce and grated Cheddar is comfort food at its best in this Ohio classic.
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (6 oz) can Nature's Promise ® Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 oz reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil on high. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion. In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil on medium-high and add onion. Cook 3 min., until golden, stirring occasionally. Add the ground beef, chili powder, and cinnamon. Cook 6 min., until browned, stirring and breaking up meat very finely with back of spoon.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook 2 min. Add the water and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and let mixture simmer 10 min. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide spaghetti among 4 plates. Ladle beef mixture over spaghetti and grate cheese on top.
- Budget Friendly
- October 2019
- Guding Stars
- $10 Meals