A golden, buttery crust gives way to melty cheese, smoky ham, and scrambled eggs for the perfect satisfying breakfast.
- 7 large eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 (17.65 oz) box frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 4 slices 2% white American cheese singles
- 3 oz thinly sliced lower-sodium deli ham
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt the butter on medium. Add all but 1 tbsp of beaten egg and cook 5–7 min., until fully cooked, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, unfold the pastry sheets and roll each into an approximate 12-inch square. Cut each sheet into 8 rectangles. Line 8 of the rectangles with the cheese and ham, tearing slices of ham and cheese to fit on rectangles and leaving ½-inch borders. Spoon eggs on top. Place remaining 8 rectangles on top and firmly press and pinch edges to seal. Arrange on lined baking sheet and brush with reserved beaten egg.
- Bake pastries 20 min., until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Serve immediately or cool completely and wrap individually in plastic before freezing.
Unwrap frozen pastries and bake in 400°F oven for 12–15 min., until heated through.
- Five Ingredients
- Guiding Stars
- September 2019
- 5 ingredients