A garlicky, creamy dressing brings all the flavors of your favorite summer sandwich together, now in salad form.
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 romaine hearts
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups Italian-seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange the bacon on the pan in a single layer. Bake 15–20 min., until browned and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, purée the mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar, oil, and chives until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the romaine and tomatoes. Chop the bacon. In a large bowl, toss the romaine, tomatoes, bacon, croutons, and dressing.
- July August 2019
- Guiding Stars