Crunchy jicama and refreshing mint add a unique twist to this sweet and savory salsa served in a show stopping melon bowl.
- ½ (3 lb) small seedless watermelon
- 4 oz fresh jicama
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 (9 oz) bag Nature's Promise Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- Carefully trim a very thin slice off the bottom rind of the watermelon half so it sits flat. With a large spoon or scoop, remove the watermelon flesh and place in a bowl, leaving walls of watermelon peel intact. Place watermelon bowl on a plate.
- Finely chop reserved watermelon. Finely chop the jicama and jalapeño.
- To a large bowl, add watermelon, jicama, and jalapeño along with the chili powder, cumin, onion, cilantro, mint, and lime juice. Stir to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer salsa to watermelon bowl and serve with the chips.
- S6 2019
- Calories 121kcal 6%
- Fat 5.1g 8%
- Saturated fat 0.6g 3%
- Carbs 18.0g 6%
- Sodium 95mg 4%
- 2.4g sugar
- 2.1g fiber
- 2.1g protein
- 0mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?