The sweet but tart pineapple and cucumber salad in this fast weeknight dinner complements the savory richness of broiled salmon.
- 1 ½ tbsp Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 (6 oz each) salmon fillets
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 5 mini cucumbers
- 1 serrano chili
- 3 green onions
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Arrange oven rack 6 inches from broiler. Heat broiler on high. In a small bowl, stir together the Cajun seasoning and 1 tbsp oil.
- Arrange the salmon, skin-side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Rub top and sides of salmon with the seasoning-oil mixture. Broil 5–6 min., until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, chop the pineapple into smaller chunks and add to a large bowl. Thinly slice the cucumbers, chili, and green onions. Add to pineapple along with lime juice and remaining 1 tbsp oil. Toss to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve salmon with pineapple and cucumber salad.
- Fifteen Minutes
- February March 2022
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes
- June 2019