This messy classic gets an upgrade with ground turkey instead of beef and all the flavors of your favorite burger, like tangy mustard and sweet-and-sour pickles.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- 8 bread and butter pickle slices
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- Finely chop the onion. In a 12-inch nonstick pan, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the onion and cook 4 min., until golden, stirring often. Add turkey and cook until mostly browned, about 4–6 min., breaking up meat with a spatula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. When turkey is cooked, stir ketchup mixture into meat. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Scoop the meat mixture onto the buns and top with pickle slices and lettuce.
- Budget Friendly
- $10 Meals
- June 2019