Rice-shaped orzo pasta is the perfect base for lots of fresh veggies, herbs, and crowd-pleasing grilled chicken.
- Grilling spray
- 8 oz orzo
- 1 (5 oz) bag baby spinach
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 medium kirby cucumber
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh dill
- 2 green onions
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Coat grill or grill pan with grilling spray and set to medium-high. Cook the orzo according to package directions. Place the spinach in a colander in the sink.
- While orzo cooks, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill 3–4 min. per side, until fully cooked.
- Drain cooked orzo over spinach to wilt. Rinse with cold water until cool and drain again.
- Peel and chop the cucumber. Chop the dill and green onions. To a large bowl, add the cucumber, dill, oil, vinegar, and green onions, along with orzo and spinach. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken tenders over orzo salad.
- Budget Friendly
- Guding Stars
- $10 Meals
- June 2019