The kid-friendly combo of spaghetti with butter and cheese gets a colorful upgrade in this quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 different colors food coloring
- 3 gallon-size resealable bags
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp melted salted butter
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in each of 3 small bowls, mix about 1 tsp food coloring with 2 tbsp water.
- Divide spaghetti among 3 resealable bags. Add a different food coloring mixture to each bag. Press out excess air from each bag and seal tightly. Shake to distribute coloring. Let stand 5 min., shaking occasionally. Drain each and lightly rinse with warm water. Drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine different colors of spaghetti. Drizzle with the oil and butter. Season with salt to taste. Add the Parmesan and toss to combine.
- May 2019
- guiding star