Kids will be smitten with these cookies that mimic the look of french fries, complete with jam as “ketchup” for dunking.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 10 tbsp sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 min. Beat in the egg, then beat in the vanilla until well blended. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture until just combined. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces and shape each into rough rectangle. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough into a ¼-inch-thick, 4-inch-wide rectangle. Place on cookie sheets. Bake 9–10 min., until set but not fully baked.
- With a chef’s knife or pizza cutter, cut dough to form skinny, 4-inch-long “fries.” If desired, sprinkle a little sugar over dough. Bake another 7 min., until crisp and golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Serve with the jam for dipping.
- S4 2019
- Kid's Cook
- Calories 243kcal 12%
- Fat 10.0g 15%
- Saturated fat 6.1g 30%
- Carbs 35.3g 12%
- Sodium 46mg 2%
- 18.5g sugar
- 0.6g fiber
- 2.9g protein
- 50mg cholesterol