This adorable appetizer is sure to delight both kids and adults alike. Kids can help stir together the dip and put together the “fluffy” mane.
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- ½ (1 oz) pkg onion soup and dip mix
- 1 yellow or orange sweet mini peppers
- 3 orange, red, or yellow bell peppers
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 dill pickle slices
- 1 black olive, halved lengthwise
- ½ (16 oz) bag baby carrots
- 6 chives, cut into 3-inch lengths
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, and onion soup mix. Fill 2 small ramekins to the brim with dip and smooth tops. Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, halve the mini pepper lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the bottom off 1 bell pepper for the lion’s nose. Seed and thinly slice remaining bell peppers. Cut the celery into 2-inch sections, then cut each lengthwise into thin sticks.
- When ready to serve, arrange ramekins on a circular platter. Top each ramekin with 1 pickle slice and 1 olive half to form eyes. Surround ramekins with the bell pepper slices and carrots. Place the bell pepper bottom under ramekins for the nose and mini bell pepper halves above each ramekin for the ears. Add a celery stick under the nose for the mouth and celery sticks and chives on either side of the nose for whiskers.
- May 2019
- Celebrations Made Easy Cookbook