In this satisfying salad, juicy steak, crunchy endive, and rich blue cheese dressing make for a speedy but impressive dinner.
- 1 ¼ lbs skirt steak
- 2 heads endive
- 1 (10 oz) bag chopped romaine
- ½ (14 oz) bag coleslaw mix
- ¾ cup lite blue cheese dressing
- 4 slices multigrain baguette
- Set grill or grill pan to medium-high. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak 3–4 min. per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice the endive. In a large bowl, toss endive, romaine, coleslaw mix, and blue cheese dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer slaw to a platter. Thinly slice steak and serve over salad with the baguette.
Be sure to slice the skirt steak across the grain (the lines of the meat) for the most tender bites.
- Fifteen Minutes
- May 2019
- Guiding Stars
- 15 Minutes