No need to choose between sweet and regular potatoes with this creamy, dreamy side dish seasoned with fragrant rosemary and sage.
- 2 cups fat-free half & half
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 ½ lbs sweet potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. To a medium pot, add the half & half, butter, sage, rosemary, garlic, and salt. Season with pepper. Heat to a simmer on medium-high. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, peel both the Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes. Using a mandoline or food processor, cut the potatoes into ⅛-inch-thick slices.
- Coat a 2½-qt baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange half the potatoes in a layer. Top with half of the half & half mixture and cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes, half & half, and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 min. Remove foil and bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, 30 min. Let stand 15 min. before serving or cool completely and refrigerate up to 1 day. Cover with foil and reheat in 375°F oven until hot in center.
To prevent Yukon Gold potatoes from browning at any point during preparation, keep them submerged in a big bowl of cold water with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- April 2019
- Guiding Stars
- December 2022