Fresh and dried ginger combine forces with orange zest and honey for an irresistible ham glaze that will wow guests.
- 2 (2 - inch) chunks fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 (12 oz) bottle honey
- 1 orange
- 1 (8- 10 lb) spiral-sliced bone-in half ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel and grate the fresh ginger into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Into bowl, stir in the ground ginger and honey. Microwave until honey is runny, about 30–60 sec. Grate 1 tbsp zest from the orange into bowl.
- Fit a roasting pan with a rack and fill with enough water to cover bottom by ½ inch. Place the ham on rack flat-side down and brush ham with half of honey mixture. Tightly cover pan with foil. Cook 14 min. per pound.
- Halfway through the cooking time, remove foil and brush with remaining honey mixture. Continue baking, uncovered, basting with pan juices occasionally.
Garnish with orange wedges and fresh herb sprigs for a festive look.
- April 2019
- Calories 350kcal 18%
- Fat 13.1g 20%
- Saturated fat 4.2g 21%
- Carbs 17.0g 6%
- Sodium 2001mg 83%
- 16.7g sugar
- 0.4g fiber
- 42.5g protein
- 129mg cholesterol