These twice-baked magical morsels have a little bit of everything—crispy edges, soft center, and herby butter drizzle.
- 1 ½ lbs baby red potatoes
- ½ tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- Cooking spray
- 6 tbsp (¾ stick) butter, cut up
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- To a large saucepot, add the red potatoes and ½ tsp salt. Add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Partially cover and heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer 20 min., until very tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with the cooking spray. To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and garlic. Cover with vented plastic and microwave 2 min., until butter melts and garlic browns.
- Drain potatoes well. Place each one on baking sheet and with wide, stiff spatula, press down gently to flatten while keeping intact. Coat tops of potatoes with cooking spray and roast 20 min., until golden. Adjust oven to broil. Broil potatoes 2–4 min., until golden brown and crispy, rotating the pan halfway through. Season with salt to taste.
- With spatula, transfer potatoes to serving platter. Stir the chives and parsley into butter. Drizzle butter over potatoes and serve immediately.
- S2 2019
- In Season
- Calories 246kcal 12%
- Fat 17.5g 27%
- Saturated fat 11.0g 55%
- Carbs 20.9g 7%
- Sodium 317mg 13%
- 1.7g sugar
- 2.3g fiber
- 2.8g protein
- 46mg cholesterol